Marie Raperto, The Hiring Hub
What’s the best time and day to submit your resume?
Just as research has shown that Tuesday afternoon is the best time to have a meeting recent, research from TalentWorks lets us know the best day and time to submit a resume.
Research was collected from 1,610 online job applications submitted at random times from a wide range of work experience. The data was collected from job applicants across a broad array of industries, and with job titles ranging from entry level to executive.
Of course, as with most research findings, there are no absolutes. But there are conclusions drawn to help you maximize your chance of securing a job interview if you choose the optimal time and day to submit your resume.
Here’s what the research showed:
- The best time to submit an application was between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. These applications were nearly five times more likely to land an interview.
- After 10 a.m., the odds of getting an interview fell by 10 percent every 30 minutes except at lunch-time. Submissions at 12:30 p.m. had about an 11 percent chance of leading to an interview.
- The worst time is after 7:30 p.m.
- Applications should be submitted within the first few days that a job is posted. TalentWorks found that applying within 96 hours of the initial posting makes it eight times more likely to get an interview.
- Tuesday is also the best day to apply. It’s also the most common day for companies to post new jobs.
Will the day and time help in your search? Timing does matter.