By Jill Kurtz, Owner, Kurtz Digital Strategy
Twitter is a great social media platform to reach influencers in your industry and among your core audiences. There are lots of posts that explore intricacies of how to get the most from Twitter, but it’s important to never lose sight of the fundamentals of an effective presence.
- Every post should offer enough content and context to compel your reader to interact – most often clicking an included link.
- Use images to stand out among all the words.
- 90% or your tweets should be informational, and no more than 10% should be a direct promotion of your business.
- Get ideas from what others post.
- As a platform that is built on posts of 140 characters or less, Twitter is easy to use on mobile devices. When you post, assume your reader will be looking at your tweet from a phone.
- Finally, remember to give and get. When someone follows you, follow them. When someone is doing something you value, be sure to offer the ultimate Twitter compliment by following that account.When you see great content, favorite or retweet it.