Free Webcast: On-Demand
- How are marketers using video across various social platforms now, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and Twitter?
- When should videos have a high production quality, and when doesn’t that matter?
- What kinds of content translate to which length for the video? Is there an optimal length for social posts? Live videos? 360-degree videos?
- What are the latest trends with brand and publisher content studios? How much is being done in-house now versus through external partners?
- For firms without much experience producing video, how can they get started? What are the main barriers, and how can those be overcome?
- Is live video essential now? What is it best for? Who’s using it best?
- When does 360-degree video add to the viewing experience?
- How can you integrate brands into video content while being respectful of the viewer experience?
- Is paid promotion of videos essential? Is there still such thing as organic reach?
Head of Marketing
David Berkowitz is the Head of Marketing at Storyhunter, the video production marketplace and platform. Previously. he served as Chief Strategy Officer at social listening firm Sysomos. Prior roles include posts with agencies MRY, 360i, and iCrossing, along with leading media relations at eMarketer. He has contributed more than 500 columns to Advertising Age, MediaPost, VentureBeat, Mashable, Adweek, and other publications, while appearing regularly in the press. He has penned his Serial Marketer blog since 2005, and he has spoken at more than 300 events globally. | @dberkowitz
Linda Descano, CFA
Executive Vice President
Havas PR North America
A self-described “conversation architect,” Linda joined Havas PR North America in October 2015 as Executive Vice President to lead the agency’s digital/social and measurement practice. She specializes in providing senior-level strategic counsel and tactical implementation to clients on their brand, messaging and overall marketing and communications strategy, incorporating PR, media relations, social media, content partnerships, influencer marketing, thought leadership and advertising. Her work includes a variety of sectors including financial services, economic development, pharma, and corporate responsibility.
Prior to joining Havas PR, Linda held several executive level positions at Citi, including managing director and global head of content marketing and social media for Citi’s Global Consumer Bank; president and CEO of Women & Co., an award-winning financial lifestyle community for women; Director and Portfolio Manager of Social Awareness Investments at Citigroup Asset Management; and Senior Vice President and Head of Environmental Affairs at Citi predecessor, Salomon Inc.
Linda has been featured in Ad Age, Business Insider, Digiday, HuffPost and Social Media Today, among others. Her honors include a 2014 Fox Information Technology Distinguished Alumni Award from the Fox School of Business at Temple University, 2014 Pinnacle in Leadership Award from the Girl Scouts of Greater New York, and 2013 Changing the Game Award from Advertising Women of New York (now known as She Runs It).
Linda serves as a capstone mentor and advisory council member for the Fox School of Business M.S. in Digital Innovation in Marketing program. She currently serves on the board of directors of New York Women in Communications (and is a past president) and Servo Annex, a digital consultancy. | @lindadescano
Chief Executive Officer
Jaron Gilinsky is one of the pioneers of digital video journalism, independently reporting, directing, editing, and producing hundreds of short films in more than 40 countries for Current TV, Time, and the New York Times. His short films, Dodging Katyushas and 3 Days in North Korea were among the most popular videos in Current TV history. In 2012, he won an Overseas Press Club award in Online Commentary for his coverage of the Egyptian revolution for the New York Times. Now based in San Francisco, Jaron is the Founder and CEO of Storyhunter.| @jarongilinsky
Chief Marketing Officer
Paul Kontonis is Chief Marketing Officer at WHOSAY, a Viacom company. WHOSAY is the brand-trusted influence marketing firm, and Kontonis is responsible for overseeing all of the the company’s B2B marketing, communications, social media and editorial strategy. Kontonis is a 25-year digital media veteran with an industry leading expertise in the B2B marketing, branding, content marketing, and the cross-platform video distribution and monetization of original digital content. | @kontonis