COVID-19: Implications for Business
Observations from Mike Paul, @reputationdr – Major changes currently being discussed by global #corporate #boards and private equity #investors in the midst of the #coronavirus crisis include:
- Searching for younger C-suite #leaders with many years of experience managing large teams of virtual and remote workers with excellent financial results in all industries.
- Preparing pink slips by end of 2020 for many, older, brick & mortar C-suite executives with poor experience with virtual and remote workforces, poor experience with the digital economy and poor experience in turning corporations around in crises.
- Hiring more #freelancers with excellent experience in the global #gig #economy.
- Reducing office/real estate footprints in all countries in all industries across the globe.
- Investing much more in mobile technology, software and online security.
- Embracing #diversity and #inclusion for increased profitability, especially those with excellent leadership in gig economies, virtual and remote work experience and excellent leadership ability.
About the Author: Mike Paul is president of Reputation Doctor® LLC. He is a top, strategic, public relations, reputation, corporate communications, crisis management and litigation-support PR expert known worldwide by the registered brand name, the Reputation Doctor®. With over 25 years’ experience in public relations, Mike helps build, maintain and repair the leading reputations and brands of global and national corporations, governments, NGOs, as well as famous people & public leaders in both good times and bad. He is listed among the world’s top crisis PR experts by PRWeek Magazine, called “the Master of Disaster” by Business Week, “Mr. Fixit” by Sports Illustrated and named one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior in the U.S. in both 2012 and 2013 by Trust Across America™.
Mike provides global consulting and counseling services to leading corporations, governments, nonprofit organizations and their leaders worldwide. He has also counseled some of the top celebrities and athletes in the world. Some of the clients Mike has counseled over the years include: Citicorp, Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, BMW, GM, Toyota, United Airlines, Pfizer, Samsung, Verizon, Timberland, Nuveen, Hitachi, Baxter Healthcare, Manor Care, Dunkin Donuts, Kraft Foods, Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, Rodney Hampton, Phil McConkey, Mark Gastineau, Freeman McNeil, Kerry Rhodes, Jim Leyritz, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Aretha Franklin, American Red Cross, FEMA, NEA, the 4As, former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, Jesse Jackson, Mercedes Benz, Cancer Vixen Fund, Trinidad & Tobago Petroleum Co., The People’s Republic of China, Kim Zolciak, The Soufan Group, Balyasny Asset Management, DMK Enterprises, State University of New York and many others that can’t be mentioned due to strict confidentiality.
Mike is also a global TV, radio and print news commentator regarding all types of reputations in crisis. You’ve seen him weekly on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, ABC News, NBC News, MSNBC, CBS News, CNBC, BBC, truTV, ESPN and Bloomberg TV to name a few.