This week’s #DigitalPR Twitter chat on Friday at 1 pm Eastern 10 am Pacific is about the rapid growth of interest in using user-generated content (UCG) as a marketing and PR tactic. A year ago UCG was not even on the list of preferred tactics or content types for marketers. In the recent Content Marketing Institute report 79% of marketers said they plan to use UCG in 2016.
Could this be a response to the fact that as more and more branded content is pushed out, engagement rates are dropping like a stone? You can’t ask for better engagement than your users and customers creating and sharing their own content about your brand.
Join us on Friday for the #DigitalPR Twitter chat Friday at 1 pm Eastern 10 am Pacific .
Our guest this week is Alicia Whalen of Hashtagio, a social user-generated content aggregator. Alicia will be answering questions about UCG:
- What it is
- Why it’s become so popular as a PR tool
- How you can use it to boost awareness of campaigns
- How to drive more traffic to landing pages
She’ll also be sharing some great case studies, like this one.
If you’ve never participated in a Twitter chat before it’s really easy:
- Make sure you’re logged into your Twitter account.
- Go to www.tweetchat.com
- Enter the hashtag #DigitalPR and you’ll be placed in the chat room. It’s that simple.
Follow @Alicia_Whalen_ and @sallyfalkow