Pro Tweeting Tips from Twitter
By Jill Kurtz, Owner, Kurtz Digital Strategy
Twitter recently offered 8 simple rules on how to compose effective Tweets.
1. Keep it simple. Research shows that tweets with fewer than 50 characters generate 56 percent more engagement than tweets with 50-100 characters.
2. Provide direction. Ask your followers to do something on Twitter. Whether that’s a retweet, a like, make it simple, achievable, and fun.
3. Tap into key moments. Find cultural moments that your brand has a reason to be part of and join the conversation.
4. Use hashtags correctly. Hashtags are used to group conversations around a subject. They also promote search, so it’s important that the right content is aligned with the right hashtag.
5. Humanize your voice. Twitter is a conversational social media platform, so it’s important to develop a human tone of voice for your brand.
6. Listen to understand. By knowing what your audience wants, you can tap into consumer needs and create effective tweets that inform, entertain or solve a problem.
7. Use creative stopping power. Grabbing attention is crucial to stand out in a crowded space.
8. Evoke an emotional response. Content with an emotional backbone, whether it’s funny, inspiring or enlightening will be shared.