Using online videos to promote your business, a technique known as video marketing, is becoming a popular means of online marketing. It enables you to promote a specific product, demonstrate how something works and connect with your company on a more personal level. When potential customers are able to see your product in action, they see the benefits and are more likely to place an order.
With that in mind, follow these 7 tips to get the most out of streaming video on your website:
- If your customer service representatives are answering the same questions over and over, create a video that directly addresses their concerns. FAQ pages are helpful, but video is more likely to hold your site visitor’s attention.
- Video marketing best practices indicate that the most effective videos are relatable and concise. Introduce yourself and your company in the video, considering the video a way to begin a relationship with potential customers.
- Make the videos long enough to communicate your message, but short enough for viewers to want to watch through to the end.
- Share your videos on your Facebook and Twitter accounts; incorporate them into some of your blog posts; and include them in your next email newsletter. Your video marketing campaign should compliment the rest of your marketing strategy.
- At the end of the video, give viewers an action step by encouraging them to call in an order, visit your website or purchase a product. The more specific the action step and the more clearly the instructions explain how to take that step are presented, the more likely viewers will be to follow through.
- Once posted, be attentive to the comments the video receives. Consider it an opportunity to connect with customers and potential customers. Respond promptly and professionally.
- During post-production, consider the use of closed captioning and titles. This can be a great way to both introduce your video topic and differentiate the distinct segments of it. If you are making a step-by-step tutorial, make the steps clear and concise.
Create your corporate video channel with Onstream. Click here to learn more.