CommPRO.biz Editorial Team
The Chicago Advertising Federation (CAF) has named Kathy Ring, CEO of Starcom USA, as the 2018 Silver Medal Award winner.
Kathy Ring is the 24th professional and 4th woman to receive the prestigious award. The Silver Medal Award recognizes a distinguished member of the Chicago advertising community for his or her career contributions and accomplishments. This criteria includes:
- The candidate must show evidence of a consistent and high degree of creative, original thinking in whatever phase of advertising he or she has worked.
- Contributions to the general advancement of advertising
- The candidate must have worked towards increasing the stature and raising the standards of the advertising profession.
- Contributions to specific area of advertising
- The candidate must have achieved success working in one of the following areas of advertising: advertising agency, advertiser, media or advertising service company.
- Contributions to the community
- The candidate should have been active in civic, religious or other groups dedicated to some phase of human or social welfare.
Past recipients have included Burrell Communications Co-CEO, Fay Ferguson, Spark Foundry CEO, Chris Boothe, Former Digitas North America CEO, Tony Weisman, among many other inspirational leaders within the advertising industry.
“Kathy Ring is a stand-out leader within the Chicago advertising community and the industry overall,” said Kim Theiss, VP, Disney Advertising Sales and President, Chicago Advertising Federation. “Kathy’s passion and dedication to mentoring and developing talent, combined with her commitment to the Chicago and Midwest market was truly what made her stand out for our Board of Directors at the Chicago Ad Federation. Kathy is committed and consistently giving back to our Chicago community, and she is making a difference each day.”
“I am truly honored and have been lucky to be surrounded by inventive clients, industrious activation partners and, of course, tremendous co-workers,” said Kathy Ring, Starcom USA CEO. My passion continues to be mentoring, inspiring and supporting talent – and watching them grow into authentic, strong leaders throughout our advertising community.”
A celebration honoring Kathy will be held at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019 and will be open to CAF members and the general public. Sponsorships and congratulatory ad placements are available and will be posted at chicagoadfed.org