Internal/External Interviews: 5 Ways To Present Yourself
Whether you are preparing for an internal or external interview, the biggest battle you will face is one of self-confidence. If you believe in yourself and your abilities you will come across as a positive candidate—someone that a hiring manager can trust and believe in. It doesn’t matter if you are up for a promotion or out of a job, self-confidence sells. Ask yourself:
1. What’s Your Purpose? Do you want to get this job, learn about this job? Being confident means knowing what you want out of a situation.
2. You Are You. Part of a team, yes, but you played a part and that means speaking about you. Don’t try to ‘fit’ the part you think someone wants. Be yourself. If ‘you’ wouldn’t fit it, why do you want to be there?
3. Know your accomplishments. What are you proud of? What did you accomplish at each job? Make a list. Maybe not all of them are job related but that’s ok. If you are proud of it, let someone know about it. They are your accomplishments and can be a mix of business and personal.
4. Don’t Be Too Hard On Yourself. If you are doing your best, that’s all you can do. Got through a stressful interview? A reward is in order.
5. Relax. Enjoy your life. Celebrate your accomplishments and enjoy your friends, new and old.