Marie Raperto, The Hiring Hub
Have you been FOUND by a recruiter lately? You may not be actively seeking a new position but sometimes that’s when the best opportunity knocks. Whether you are looking or not, a recruiter should be able to find you. Yes, knowing recruiters and keeping in touch with them is important, however there are a lot of recruiters and hiring managers out there. If you want to be found, follow these tips:
- Join. Get onto social media. Use Twitter. Follow recruiters, retweet their tweets. We will check you out. Keep your profile up-to-date and state what you do with a link to an online bio/resume. Use LinkedIn. Use keywords and have a concise profile, join pertinent groups. Don’t forget to check out other sites as well. If recruiters in your field are on Google+, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat etc., join them.
- Publish. Get your name out as much as possible. When you are published, spread the word on social media.
- Speak. Look for opportunities to speak locally as well as nationally/internationally. Join panel discussions. Then let everyone know when/where you will be doing it and provide the script/handout after the event.
- Meet. Get to know the leaders in your industry. Follow them on social media and interact with them. Influencers are often asked for recommendations by recruiters.
- Contact. Call or email a recruiter. Let them know that for the right opportunity you could be available. If your background doesn’t fit, they will let you know. Better to be in a recruiter’s database than not.
Time to be Found. Let’s go!