Career self-assessment is a great tool. It can help you get to know yourself. If you are considering looking for a job or making a career change, there are tools available to help you gain insight. These tests are best administered by a professional but self-assessment tests can give you a start. While Myers-Briggs is probably the best known of this type of test, the following five tools can lead you in the right direction and, if you still prefer Myers-Briggs, it’s available online for $50.00.
1. Holland – www.truity.com/test/holland-code-career-test – This tool will identify your top interest area, how it compares to other areas and how they relates to your interests.
2. MyNextMove – www.mynextmove.org/explore – Determines your interests as they relate to work and this tool will ask you to rate how much you enjoy performing specific work tasks.
3. Big Five – https://personality-testing.info – The test will identify a personality preference that can help you learn what learning styles and work preferences are for you.
4. MyPlan – www.myplan.com/assess/values – MyPlan will help you identify motivations. The assessment test is geared to finding your underlying work needs and can suggest jobs that might be right for you.
5. Keirsey – www.keirsey.com/sorter – This personality assessment measures how people communicate and react.