PRIME Research Unveils Brazilian Public Relations Internship Program
ABERJE/PRIME internship applications open for entry
New York, NY – Oct. 2, 2012 An undergrad -student internship program in Brazil that includes a paid work experience and a grant for public relations research aimed at young practitioners is open for entry. ABERJE, a scientific and professional association in Sao Paulo, and global firm, PRIME Research, have issued the call for entries on the ABERJE website.
The PRIME/ABERJE Internship offers an opportunity to students in the fields of Communications and Public Relations to experience applied work in the area of research. The internship, sponsored by PRIME Research, and in collaboration with ABERJE, will take place on an annual basis and seeks to promote the field of public relations research as a viable and attractive career path among students, professors, and the public relations profession at large.
What the Internship includes:
The objective of the internship is to expose college students in the areas of Communication and/or Public Relations to research, with focus in collection and analysis of data, interpretation of the research results, and consulting.
- The intern will work for two (2) months – December/January – at the office of the PRIME Brazil – São Paulo, SP.
- The intern will be responsible for carrying out work assigned by his/her manager in the context of the tasks conducted by PRIME in Brazil globally.
- At the end of the internship, the intern will write a short article to contribute to the body of knowledge in applied public relations research. The topic will be chosen by the PRIME Brazil in collaboration with the student and ABERJE. The article will be posted on ABERJE website.
- In exchange for the above, the trainee will be granted one (01) stipend (R$ 4,000) to cover his/her expenses during the two months working at PRIME Brazil.
Who May Apply
Fourth-year or third-year Brazilian students in public relations/communication who are studying in Brazil and interested in a career in public relations research are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have completed at least two years of study toward a degree in public relations/communication and at least one methodology course (e.g., survey, content analysis, experimental design, etc.).
- Additional requirements include: Basic knowledge of statistics, computer and internet proficiency, excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken) are preferred.
“This internship presents an opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative environment, working closely to office in several countries,”said Maria Oliveria, project manager at PRIME Research. “Our interns learn and develop activities in the area of applied public relations research and consulting and they write and have the chance to publish an article in the area of Communication and Public Relations.”
Required Application Materials
- Application form
- Curriculum vita.
- College transcripts
- A recommendation letter sent directly from one of the applicant’s professors. The instructor has to teach in the fields of PR/Communication.
All materials should be submitted through ABERJE website: http://www.aberje.com.br/prime
Important Dates to Remember
- Aug 17 to Oct 10: application documents need to be submitted to ABERJE website
- Oct 22 to Oct 26: top 5 applicants will be interviewed in Sao Paulo
- Nov 2: applicant will be chosen and will have 5 business day to sign the internship contract I
- Dec 3/2012 to Feb 1/2012: 30 hours per week
- Dec 23/2012 to Jan 2/ 2013: Holidays
- Academic Paper
- Jan 4/2013: deadline draft version
- Feb 2/ 2013: deadline final version
Aberje is a scientific and professional association with headquarters in São Paulo. Founded on October 8, 1967, Aberje is a civil, non-profit organization that aims to discuss and promote a local and global perspectives, business communication and organizational functions such as administrative, political, cultural and symbolic strategic management of organizations and the strengthening of citizenship. For more information about Aberje, visit http://www.aberje.com.br
About PRIME Research
A communications research innovator, PRIME Research’s locations in the USA, Brazil, Uruguay, UK, Germany, Switzerland, India and China serve clients in 35 countries. With fifteen industry practice areas as well as a complete array of public relations monitoring, research, evaluation and consulting services, PRIME leverages its marketing and corporate communications expertise to help clients to build brands and reputations. For more information on PRIME, visit http://www.prime-research.com
Published: October 2, 2012 By: