Women: Do You Understand Them? Here’s What You Must Know to Reach Them
Women are complex, taking time and effort to understand. Despite their lucrative spending power and increased influence in buying decisions, women consistently feel misunderstood by marketers. In fact, 91% of women feel advertisers do not understand them. As a health and wellness marketer, you should pay attention to, and take the initiative and effort to better understand women and how to market to them. Here are 4 reasons why:
1. Women are on the Web and They’re Looking for Health Information.
- 9 out of 10 women seek health information on the web.
- 64% of women online research information regarding prescription drugs.
- 72% of women use the Internet for gathering health information.
2. Ladies Love to Share.
- 33% of women with a health condition go online to find other women like them for advice.
- 64% of moms ask other mothers for advice before they purchase a new product and 63% of all mothers surveyed consider other moms the most credible experts when they have questions.
- 92% of women pass along information about deals or finds to others.
3. Women Take Action.
-Women are responsible for 90% of health care decisions.
-75% of women identified themselves as the primary shoppers for their households.
-Women control 85% of all purchasing decisions, and purchase over 50% of traditional male products, including cars, home improvement products and electronics.
4. Now Let’s Talk Money – Women are the Buyers in Today’s Market.
- Women control $7 trillion in consumer and business spending in the United States.
- 51% of U.S. private wealth is controlled by women.
- Women account for 58% of all total online spending.
- Over the next decade women will control two-thirds of consumer wealth.
- Women account for over 50% of all stock ownership in the United States.
- 22% of women shop online at least once a day.
Learn more ways to reach HER