The Hiring Game: Understanding the ‘When’ and ‘Why’ a Recruiter is Needed
As a recruiter, I often meet candidates who don’t know what we do or why they should use us. As a recruiter or headhunter, we are here to help make the all important match between an employer and a candidate. To do that for ‘you,’ we need to be able to find you.
The online world has made job hunting more complicated than ever. So, whether you are looking for a new job or not, you should know us. Why?:
1. Many jobs are confidential and not put online. When a company has such a job, they usually hire a recruiter to help them. Also, when a company can’t find the right person, they will ask a recruiter for their help.
2. When you use a recruiter, you will get answers. Recruiters speak to human resource managers and hiring managers directly and you will get answers about your candidacy.
3. Recruiters have lots of information. They are good resources for candidates about handling personnel issues, salaries, resumes and even branding/industry expert questions etc. Know a recruiter and know you can get help.
4. Having a long-term relationship with a recruiter can be helpful. You may not be looking but a recruiter could find that perfect opportunity and bring it to you.
5. We are on your side. Recruiters have two clients – candidates and the company. It’s our job to get the position filled with the best possible person.
Keep in touch with us. We might not be able to help you immediately but you never know when we will be calling.