Killer Facebook Ads: Marty Weintraub on Using Facebook and LinkedIn Ads to Reach Journalists
Described as a “social media maverick,” Marty Weintraub is author of “Killer Facebook Ads” and CEO of aimClear, an online marketing agency that has managed Facebook ad campaigns generating over 10 billion impressions internationally. Clients include MarthaStewart.com, Siemens, Second Life, Budget Direct, and other global brands. The aimClear Blog (aimclearblog.com) has been cited as among the Technorati Top 10 Small Business Blogs, Cison Top Ten Social Media Blogs, PRWeb’s 25 Essential Public Relations Blogs You Should Be Reading, and listed in the AdAge Power150. Check it out and add it to your feeds.
Weintraub’s tip today is to:
- Research your target media using media databases like Vocus. Flag targets’ job titles and outlets.
- Look for these occupations on Facebook and LinkedIn. You can find them via LinkedIn’s individual “job title occupation targeting” or Facebook’s occupation targeting, which lives in the “Precise Interests” bucket.
- Matriculate these editors by the companies they work for and then …
- Make your ads to these people very low impact; no selling.
- For example, thank your audience for a top five Amazon book, celebrate the release of a new white paper or thank the online community for nurturing you, so it’s not a hard pitch and the writer who sees the ad draws his or her own conclusions about a possible story.
Published: February 9, 2012 By: