YouTube Optimization Series: Part 3 – Technical Optimization
Welcome to the third installation in our five part series on YouTube optimization. Now that we have covered our Content Gap Analysis and Asset Development and Popularity Optimization, we need to optimize for technical components.
Technical optimization refers to application of the proper keywords throughout each YouTube video as well as your YouTube channel page. This is arguably the most straightforward, yet nonetheless important for becoming findable by YouTube and other search engines.
Keep in mind that when we refer to keywords in this article, we are speaking about those that should have been defined within Step 1: Content Gap Analysis.
Below are some optimizable elements and a few tips within each YouTube video:
- Video Title – Ensure that your title includes your brand name and a short keyword phrase
- Description – Should be short. 2-3 sentences in length with use of target keyword variations. Also good to include URL to drive website traffic
- Tags – Aim for 5-7 total. Using the right tags associates videos with other videos with same tags a “related video” leading to additional views.
For your channel page, some optimizable elements and a few tips are as follows:
- Page Name – It’s best to stick with company name in profile name for search. Creating multiple sub-pages can dilute your page performance.
- Page description – Ensure that priority keywords are being utilized
- Links – Nofollow, but good for referral, so be sure to include your website and other social network links.
By optimizing these elements against your keyword priorities, you will be ensuring that the right conditions are created for maximum search and social search visibility. In the next and fourth article of this series, we will delve into the YouTube metrics that matter, and how we should monitor and use this to optimize our content on an ongoing basis.
ZOG Digital can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our website: www.zogdigital.com.