Unleash the Power of Multilingual Video to Reach Millions
Objective: More effectively reach your internal audiences, current customers or clients and potentially millions of new customers and clients with a multilingual video platform.
Summary: Utilize the dotSUB platform and service offering for fast, easy and inexpensive online video translation and transcription.
Study: According to the Cisco® Visual Networking Index (VNI), that tracks and forecasts the impact of visual networking applications:
- Two-thirds of the world mobile data traffic will involve video by 2016
- Every second, 1.2 million minutes of video content will cross the network in 2016
- Globally, Internet video traffic will be 54 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2016, up from 51 percent in 2011
How to: the dotSUB platform and service offering is fast, easy and inexpensive.
- Personal Users - DotSUB gets several million hits a month from personal users.
- Corporations and Non-Profits - Adobe, for example, uses dotSUB on AdobeTV for 13,000 professional videos for customers/developers explaining how its products work.
When communicating in print, consumers naturally filter content to their native language. Search engines and high-traffic sites have been designed with easy navigation – through national flags and other icons – to direct users to pages containing content in their native language.
With video, this intuitive system is not yet widely understood by content publishers and consumers. But it is on the way.
Using video as a key component of a marketing or media strategy is critical in not only reaching a wide range of audiences and markets, but emotionally connecting with them. Studies demonstrate that building brand engagement is enhanced with powerful emotional connections – the kind that’s stirred by video.
The web opens up opportunities to communicate to people of different cultures and languages – whether they are employees, users, customers, potential customers, donors or members.
To put the potential market in perceptive, 7% of the population of the world speaks English as their native language. So what do the other 93% speak?
- 845 million speak Mandarin
- 452 million speak Arabic
- 405 million speak Hindi
- 329 million speak Spanish. According to the US Census in 2011 the Hispanic population in the US was over 50 million
- 250 million speak Russian
- 193 million speak Portuguese
- 123 million speak Japanese
Marketers, communicators and PR professionals need to be creative and find ways to tap into these huge markets. Read the full article here.