Building a Sustainable RBS: Royal Bank of Scotland issues Sustainability Report
“Our goal is to try and be a model for how banks can contribute to society and make money for our shareholders along the way.”
– Stephen Hester, Chief Executive, RBS Group
RBS is changing for the better. The launch of RBS’s annual Sustainability Report is an important milestone – it allows the company to demonstrate its commitment to being open and transparent whilst covering the issues its stakeholders tell them are important.
Sustainable business principles
This year RBS is taking a significant step to embed responsible business practices throughout the company. The company’s comprehensive set of Sustainable Business Principles provides a public record of its commitment to operate to the highest standards. Read the Principles and tell us what you think:
Highlights from 2011
- 23 out of 25 of the RBS U.K. Customer Charter commitments were met
- 119,000 new business start-up accounts were opened in the U.K.
- 60,000 households in India were supported by the RBS Foundation India microfinance livelihood projects
- 56,000employees were given time off to volunteer in the community
- £10m was invested in data protection globally
- 58% of RBS global energy project lending went to renewables