Publishing Bad Feedback, F-bombing Rappers, Disney World and Me – A “Famous in Your Niche” Self Disclosure
This post is entirely and blatently a self-promotion. As you read this, I am vacationing in Disney World, celebrating the marriage of two very dear friends, and I am probably dancing with Mickey Mouse about right now. After this week’s other post about horror and pain, I figured something light was called for.
I get asked pretty frequently what I’m “up to” and where people can find what I am doing. So, to share, here are some links and goodies to help you get to know the crazy, smart alec @Smartwoman, a la moi.
Hot off the Presses – Interview with Benjy Portnoy, digital marketer and world-class drummer (and entrepreneur)
I stepped onto the SmallBizElevator.com and sat down with Benjy, a skilled marketer and beloved friend, to discuss developing a digital reputation, why it is important, and how I came to do what I do.
That’s him in casual mode to the left, posing for the camera after participating in a Lions Club charitable sporting clay shoot – yeah, he was on my team, and painfully, we won the Dead A#$@s Last award – they decided all we could handle were water guns, so that’s what he’s sporting. Are you so surprised that I hang out with fun people?
Here is Benjy’s bullet point summary of our talk:
“I made Vicki sit down on my couch one morning and talk to me about…
- How to build a positive digital reputation that follows you everywhere
- The right ways to use social media (and why it’s never going away)
- Why she goes out of her way to meet people she disagrees with
- How to be an honest marketer without being 100% honest
- Why being interesting starts with being yourself”
Famous In Your Niche: Building Your Digital Celebrity for Fun and Profit
Yep, I’ve written a book. You can grab it for a mere $.99 cents. Click here to go buy it now.
Here is what you’d be learning:
Section 1: Digital Reputation and Social Media Mindset and Strategy
We’ll cover some mindset about marketing yourself, the basics of digital reputation development, and the ins and outs of social media strategy
- To Know Your Audience, Know Yourself
- Embracing Your Flaws as a Marketing Strategy
- Engage Your Subject Matter Experts
- How to Avoid Cookie Cutter Social Media Strategies
- Basic Famous in Your Niche Strategy Plan
- Detailed Project Plan Task List
Section 2: Get Your Social Media Launched – Time for Your Close-up!
We’ll move from mindset to nitty-gritty details – how to create great online content, who to connect with and why, and what you need to do in order to get your social media working like you need it to work.
- Must Haves for Creating a Great Social Profile
- Ways to Upgrade an Existing Social Media Presence
- Wandering Outside Your Brand
- 10 Types of People To Follow on Social Media
- To Connect or Not To Connect – That Is The Question (5 Ways to Decide)
- 3 Secrets for Using Your Competitors To Succeed in Social Media
- Tips to Survive the Bleeding Edge in Social
- 10 Tips to Convince Your Boss (Your Spouse, Your Employees) They Need Social Media
Section 3: Managing the Process – Have Your People Talk to Their People
We’ll cover common problems and how to solve them. We’ll also cover how to set up your digital reputation empire in enough detail you could hand this book to someone else and let them do it for you.
- Developing Your Communication Schedule
- Top 14 Things To Talk About on Social – A Quick and Dirty List
- Ways to Improve Your Google Ranking Using Social Media
- Social Media Blogging: How to Create Effective Engagement
- Content is King – How to Strengthen Your Web Content
- Rules for Successfully Engaging in Controversy
- 5 Tips For Creating Online Content When You Just Don’t Feel Like It
- The #1 Thing to Do to Go Viral on Social Media
- Wrapping Your Head and Heart Around Strong Calls to Action
- Made You Click – Calls To Action Implementation
- Snarky is the New Black: Some Professional Ways to Add Flav’ah to Your Social
- Chasing the Trend: 10 Ways to Leverage News Now in Social
- Don’t Be Chrysler – 3 Quick Tips For Managing the Risk of Open Social In a Business Setting
- #1 Tip to Increase Your Social Media ROI Today
- Has the Sizzle Left Your Social Media? 3 Tips to Help Spice Things Back Up
- The Art of the Eavesdrop – 3 Tips to Make Your Twitter Stream Worth Listening In On
- Top 3 Tips to be a Kickass Social Media Speaker
- 5 Ways Social Can Help Build Strategic Partnerships
- Quick tips on How to Leverage SEO in Your Social
- The Power of Information Products
- Practical Step-by-Step How-to For Developing Content From Your Expertise
- How to Create a Profitable Strategic Launch
If you’ve been a fan of this blog for long, you will notice some revisits, but I specifically ordered things in a step-by-step method, so you can read it, do it, and be found online. Add in tons of info you’ve not seen here before and….drum roll….I will be hosting a free webinar (all training, no pitch) in August. SO….if you want to grab that, go grab the book. Like I said, this is a blatant self-promotion plug.
Still haven’t bought it? Click here to go buy it now.
Are We Connected?
As you know, I am a complete, unrepentant social media fan girl. If we aren’t yet connected, can we be? Here are my links to make that easy – just click and connect!
Social Media Homes:
- LinkedIn – I am a LION (LinkedIn Open Networker) so my email and phone # are listed on my profile – buzz me up!
- Twitter (my first social media love)
- Facebook fan page (where I discuss professional stuff as well as promote my speaking, products, etc)
- Facebook personal page (where I discuss whatever I darned well please, with only occasional mentions of work and sometimes some f-bombing…adults welcome)
- SlideShare Check out the Pulse series – tasty little sharebait and graphically appealing tidbits
- Digital Publishing Smartwoman FB Fanpage
- Pinterest – still in beta but am building my audience here
- SocialMediaClub.org (featured author there)
- press:A – digital marketing partnership
Archive – older projects but still lots of golden nuggets – my evergreen material (yep, I’ve been doing this stuff for years…)
- SmartwomanGuides.com (dormant, but content packed site for women entrepreneurs – to be renewed Aug 1st)
- Smartwoman Radio (will be kicking up another show again soon…wanna talk social and be interviewed? Contact me)
- TalkShoe Radio – some training audios for your pleasure – all free of course…
I pretty much have new projects already under my belt about to be launched, so please get in touch, stay in touch, and reach out. I am always open to joint ventures and shared experiences.
Much love – M.I.C…..K.E.Y…..why? Because I love you…M.O.U.S.E!
Click on the interactive video to experience what riding the rides are like…I will report back as to its accuracy. *big silly grin*