Full-Time Vice President – External/Internal Corporate Communications
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Summary: Responsible for the proactive and reactive strengthening of Ruder-Finn’s reputation, market presence and visibility while also managing firm-wide internal communications. This position works directly with the firm’s CEO and Management Committee on a day-to-day basis.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer – Kathy Bloomgarden
Specific areas of responsibility:
- In conjunction with the CEO and select group of RF senior management, create and manage an agency-wide visibility plan that targets traditional media, social media, clients, prospects, talent, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain proactive/reactive media relations
- Review and pitch trade editorial calendar opportunities
- Identify media opportunities in the business and practice vertical trade press, as well as select top tier media opportunities
- Respond to inquiries from the media
- Promote thought leadership in key areas
- Draft/pitch press releases and external announcements
- Build and strengthen relationships with key reporters and editors
- Enhance Ruder-Finn’s industry visibility by identifying and securing appropriate speaking opportunities for practice heads and other executives. Conduct media relations and visibility around speaking opportunities. Organize a database to maintain information about speaking and other thought leadership opportunities.
- Draft and edit remarks and speeches for the CEO and other senior executives.
- Create an internal communications plan that maintains a regular flow and sharing of information to employees globally, and engages employees to drive morale and energy, and help make Ruder Finn a great place to work.
- Draft and distribute internal CEO announcements to staff; develop agendas for Town Hall meetings; identify other internal opportunities to showcase internal staff work.
- Lead the development and maintenance of Ruder Finn’s presence on social media outlets including but not limited to: Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Glassdoor, etc.
- Plan and organize Ruder Finn events, including our holiday party, summer party, occasional networking panels, and other events that support Ruder Finn employee engagement and thought leadership.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience working within a corporate communications function. The ideal candidate will have some PR agency experience as well as familiarity with a professional services environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal communications skills enabling the individual to work with people at all levels internally and externally and around the world.
- Significant experience in working with traditional media, both on a pro-active and re-active basis.
- Significant experience devising and implementing social media strategies.
- An enthusiastic personality that demonstrates high energy, creativity and a passion for promoting the organization.
- A positive “can do” attitude that drives for action and results.
- Superior writing and communications skills.
- The ability to multi-task effectively and to manage multiple priorities.
- Extremely self-motivated with a history of working independently and achieving results through efforts and contributions of professional colleagues across offices and teams.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality regarding proprietary agency information is essential to this position.
- A working knowledge of digital capabilities.
While we thank all candidates for your interest, we will only respond to those with whom we have a further interest.
How to Apply
148 total views, 1 today