Full-Time Senior Director, Scientific Affairs
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Director of Scientific Affairs will provide strategic direction, support and overall Food Science and Nutrition leadership to brand trust activities, including policy, communication, marketing, promotion and sustainability.
This position reports to the Vice President of (Global) Government Relations. The position is located in our Worldwide HQ in Oak Brook, Illinois.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively design, validate, execute and maintain an up-to-date nutrition research strategy as an enabler of the company’s brand strategy
- Develop evidence-based messages related to critical issues that are tailored to diverse stakeholders for maximum effectiveness
- Represent the company on nutrition initiatives internally and externally and influence external agendas to align with overall nutrition strategy
- Provide nutrition expertise, direction, guidance and leadership in Global Nutrition to share and leverage learning, opportunities and resources from external experts and scientific thought leaders
- Partner with Global Marketing in the management of the Global Advisory Council and related activities
- Actively seek and develop relationships and partnerships with key food and nutrition scientists, influencers and thought leaders and health professionals to support business needs and strategies
- Lead global nutrition profiling initiatives; strategies
- Provide strategic counsel and support to the key departments and business partners
- Manage and develop individuals in support of this function
- PhD in Food Science and Nutrition required
- At least 10-15 years of experience in the food industry in the areas of nutrition and public policy required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required
- Demonstrated leadership in areas of food safety and regulatory affairs
- Must have the ability to function within a team oriented environment and collaborate on multidisciplinary efforts
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels
How to Apply
267 total views, 1 today