Full-Time Manager – International Marketing & Recruitment
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
At WorldCorps, a new, San Francisco social venture, we teach global collaboration to young professionals worldwide through a 6-month, overseas internship and training program. The unique element of our work: participants carry out the internships in four-person, multinational teams and receive training in a larger multinational team of up to 25 people. Our pilot program will start in the San Francisco Bay Area, in January 2013, with 12 international participants ages 21-26 from around the world. Subsequent programs in late 2013 and early 2014 will bring up to 80 participants to the Bay Area, and we intend to expand internationally thereafter. Our business model is fee-based, with participants—or supporting institutions such as employers, universities, NGOs/foundations—paying a fee to WorldCorps and covering living expenses and airfare.
Position: Manager — International Marketing and Recruitment
The Manager will play a critical role in helping to launch WorldCorps, including developing a successful marketing campaign to recruit the program’s initial participants and partnering with the CEO to manage the pilot program through July 2013. Thereafter, the Manager will work with the Director of International Marketing and Recruitment on marketing and recruitment efforts designed to successfully expand WorldCorps in the Bay Area and then worldwide.
$60,000 to $80,000
Health and dental benefits
- Oversee international marketing efforts to support recruitment of initial cohort.
- Manage recruitment of international participants for pilot program; objective is to recruit 2-3 participants each from Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- Assist CEO in vetting candidates, arranging interviews and selecting initial participants.
- Assist CEO in recruitment of homestay families and act as primary liaison with these families.
- Manage logistical requirements including: liaising with visa sponsor; assisting with travel arrangements; and carrying out other administrative duties related to all aspects of the pilot program as needed.
- Additional operational responsibilities may be assigned.
- Work with future Director of International Marketing and Recruitment and other team members to develop and execute long-term marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Assist with ongoing participant selection for future worldwide programs.
- Build relationships with universities, NGOs, agents, companies, and associations worldwide that will partner with WorldCorps to open programs in their nations.
- Collaborate with marketing and recruitment team members to design and implement assessment tools.
- Help oversee WorldCorps alumni network, along with other team members.
- 4 years or more of professional experience in international marketing and/or recruitment.
- At least 2 of those years spent recruiting international students to attend US- based academic programs and/or other programs such as internship or service/volunteer programs.
- Master’s degree preferred, Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience living, working or studying outside of one’s native country; preference given to those who have worked abroad for 2+ years.
- Demonstrated ability to market effectively to different countries and/or cultures.
- Comfortable with data systems, social media and website management (some HTML a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a diverse team.
- Very comfortable in a start-up setting.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally for conferences, fairs, etc. for up to 4 weeks annually.
- Fluency in a language other than an English a plus.
How to Apply
232 total views, 1 today