The Director, Strategic Communications, serves as Communications liaison to Technical Services Strategy, Business Development and Innovation (SBDI) organization; provides marketing communications strategy for sector campaigns; and manages:
Development, execution and performance measurement of communicatons plans for external campaigns and related marketing events (tradeshows, air shows and special events); innovation initiatives; and corporate priority wins and watch programs.
Media releases, marketing communications products and advertising for sector campaigns.
Work with sector campaign leads on allowable and unallowable indirect budgets for all advertising and marketing to support initiatives.
Work in coordination with corporate vice president, strategic communications, corporate director, creative services , manager, media relations, manager, executive and employee communications and manager, media and creative services to ensure uniform messaging both external and internal.
Coordinate outside public affairs and public relations firms with campaign leads, as required.
· Serves as primary delegate of authority for Vice President, Communications.
· Define strategic, actionable goals and an implementation approach to guide communications campaigns and others in preparing and executing strategic communications.
· Provides overall strategic direction for use of the Northrop Grumman brand across the sector.
· Initiate, develop, coordinate, and distribute campaign communications materials, web resources, videos as required.
· Manages communications support for tradeshows, air shows and special events.
· Attends MARCOM and Campaign Strategy Reviews with SBDI.
· Serve as process architecture lead for communications and interface with Quality and Mission Assurance.
· Manages administrative requirements for Strategic Communications and required products.
· As required, develop Sector President presentations, brochures and talking points.
10 to 15 Years Experience.
Proven track record” in developing, executing and leading a comprehensive strategic/corporate communication strategy.
Demonstrated ability in Strategic Planning and Communication with a strong
proficiency in corporate writing, editing, publication production, Web site content writing, strategic writing and social media.
Strong communications, presentation, facilitation and dispute resolution skills. Strong proficiency in PowerPoint creation and delivery.
Experience and knowledge of working with technical teams/campaign managers
Minimum of ten years professional experience in the strategic communications, corporate communication, public affairs or related field.
Bachelor’s Degree or other advanced degree in Journalism, Communications, Political Science or related field.
Experience in market research and informatics tools and analysis.
Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work independently
Commitment to the goals and values of the Organization.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.