Full-Time Communications Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Develops and implements media/event strategy for New York and East Coast based SCUL communication projects such as designer sponsorships, event sponsorships, and traveling fashion/design collections. Also develops and executes the logistics/action plan and production of each activity within defined budget parameters in addition to managing the New York office extension of SCUL office.
1. Develops event/media proposals for New York based communication projects and a corresponding itemized budget for approval by Director, and VP International Communications.
2. Business unit liaison with all aspects of SCUL communications including media, designer and industry relations and strategic special events.
3. Works closely across business units to ensure open communication and to take advantage of synergies where they exist (with EB, CGB, Gemstone business) to function in an optimal, cost efficient and time effective manner.
4. Data analysis of ROI for events/programs with presentation and recommendations to Director.
5. Oversee the preparation and distribution of all press materials by PR Coordinator (releases, bios, media alerts, photo credits and corresponding visuals) ensuring integrity of company brand in all aspects.
6. Oversees distribution of press materials via the PR agency or directly to various media representatives to generate publicity for Swarovski. Establishes relationships with editors, identifies opportunities for editorial/print/media relations activities, develops plans and implements related activities.
7. Develops recommendations and executes designer sponsorship opportunities to include product procurement, contract negotiation and media coverage for Atelier Swarovski, BUM, Fashion, Jewelry and SCP business units. May include review of TV/Film transcripts and development of recommendations for product placement/sponsorships. Researches opportunities and coordinates placement via relationships, promotions, media opportunities, etc. Maintains current knowledge of the opportunities (all types), develops strategies to gain access and influence decisions, and ensures effective implementation, including maximizing cross – relations efforts.
8. Assumes role of project manager of major corporate sponsorships (i.e. CFDA Fashion Awards) and for key public relations events identified SCUL, to include all aspects of event logistics.
9. Travels with key industry leaders as North American representative (editors, designers) to Europe for company sponsored publicity events.
10. Develops and presents department updates at quarterly sales meetings for Elements Business, also sending monthly reports to the Director of Communications for the Elements Business.
11. May lead/direct activities of junior staff members and/or temporary staff.
12. Manage New York Communications Budget for local projects.
13. Direct relationships with editors, designers, industry leaders – identifying and nurturing relationships.
14. Manage New York based PR agency’s support for Fashion, SCP, BUM, Atelier Swarovski and Jewelry projects
15. Weekly calls and updates with SCUL business units and the LA extension of SCUL.
16. Weekly notes for VP of International Communications.
How to Apply
185 total views, 1 today